Quick check of the Upper Water this afternoon, we found a few trees down and fences that need moving after the floods. Lots of TLC required before the new season, so please come along if you are free, even if you just come along to give moral support!!!
Work parties as follows, as long as conditions allow
1. Friday 14th March 9.00am Whitfield Hatches – Stiles and moving fence.
2. Saturday 15th March 9.00am Loaders Garage – Stiles at Giffords
3. Friday 21st March 9.00am Loaders Garage – Stiles on the Carter Water
4. Friday 28th March 9.00am Long Bridge – Bridge building in Cricket Bat wood
PS> Membership Cards, Catch Returns Cards, March Newsletter & Day Tickets are in the post!
Here is the Chairman surveying the damage and nailing signs up this afternoon.
Early season luncheon at the Castleman Hotel, Chettle, on Saturday 5th April at 1.00pm in aid of the Salmon & Trout Association
Celebrate the new season and catch-up with the latest from the S&TA. Choose from a select menu freshly prepared using seasonal, home grown or locally sourced produce and locally farmed meat:
- Warm smoked haddock and spinach roulade with béarnaise sauce
- Wiltshire goats cheese and asparagus tartlet on salad leaves
- Game consommé with parmesan and almond straws
- Roast leg of lamb with thyme, red wine and redcurrant jelly
- Freshly caught fish with seasonal vegetables
- Spinach, red rice and buffalo mozzarella torte, tomato and basil sauce
- Lemon posset, berry sauce and shortbread
- Warm sticky toffee, date and banana sponge with butterscotch sauce and clotted cream
- Cheese and biscuits
- Coffee or tea, with chocolate truffles
Tickets: £32.50 per person (menu choices ordered on the day).
Plus guest speaker and raffle.
RSVP by 24th March.
VENUE: Castleman Hotel, Chettle*, Blandford Forum, Dorset DT11 8DB
*Castleman Hotel, Chettle, is located off the A354 between Blandford Forum and Sixpenny Handley.
Please make cheques payable to ‘Salmon & Trout Association’ and send to: S&TA Admin Office, PO Box 1301, Maidstone ME14 9PX
Credit/debit card payments via telephone: 020 7283 5838 x3
Enquires to: email@example.com
Registered charity no: 1123285/SCO41584
The Salmon & Trust Association is a registered charity that relies upon public donations and gifts in Wills to support its work.
Good progress with the improved access, we were able to work on a safe dry stretch today, more rain tomorrow 🙁 John Aplin